Monday, March 10, 2008

Good Monday Morning

So far our trip has been wonderfully relaxing. We went to a local seafood joint called ACME Saturday night for dinner where we enjoyed some fabulous crab cakes, shrimp, red rice, etc. Since it was rather cool yesterday (high 50's and windy), we spent the day inland at the new Outlets where the weather was just perfect. My mighty fisherman, however, didn't let the cold shore weather stop him. He was on the pier from 6:30 - 9 last night fishing and freezing. He caught one very respectable fish so the shivering was well worth it.

Today, the temperature is supposed to be high 60's and windy. I'm hoping that will be a little more comfortable than yesterday. We are headed out shortly to walk on the beach for our morning exercise. I'm not sure what else we'll get into today with the exception of meeting our friends Travis and Melissa for dinner this evening. Should be fun! I'll post some pics of our adventures later today.

As for Baby Martin - he is doing well. He is still kicking a lot, but his latest thing is just moving and switching positions. One minute he is one way and the next minute - I'm watching him move across my belly to what appears to be a different position. It is a rather strange and wonderfully reassuring thing. Also, I've noticed a marked difference in my belly size since last week. He must be undergoing a growth spurt or something because there is a definite difference! Whew - did it make trying on new running shoes at the Outlets yesterday rather difficult. I ended up with a new pair of sneaks, but the selection/purchasing process wasn't easy . . . that's for sure!

No comments: