Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Burning Calories in Charleston

Today was a great day! We first took a carriage ride through downtown Charleston which was just wonderful. Then, we visited the Market on Market Street and the Waterfront Park, walked around the battery, enjoyed the King Street Shopping District, toured the College of Charleston Campus, and walked through many beautiful historic areas. According to the online Gmaps pedometer, we traveled approximately 6+ miles via foot today.

Let's just say - it's a good thing because we had lunch at Jestine's, a famous restaurant in downtown Charleston that specializes in low-country food such as fried chicken, okra, black-eyed peas, grits and cooked cabbage. Knowing we would walk off every last calorie, we thoroughly enjoyed our less-than-healthy lunch and a piece of their speciality "Coca-Cola Cake." It was a great experience.

We've had a great day seeing Charleston and an even better day just spending time together. We are really trying to cherish our pre-baby days; this particular one has been great!

Side note - in the picture above, I'm standing on the most narrow "street" in Charleston - Stroll's Alley. It was definitely a quaint little street!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'm so excited. I am all set up on google and can see your wonderful blog. I am thrilled you all have set this up. It will be hard not watching "Landon" ;o) grow up like I want. But, this will help me feel closer! Glad you all are having a great time. I really want to go there now!!!!! Well, see you soon...hugs!