Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An Evening on Kiawah Island

We spent the majority of today relaxing and walking on the beach which was wonderful. We walked approximately four miles and were careful to stay within an appropriate distance of a bathroom this time. The weather was great (despite a rather cool breeze on the beach), and once again, our long walk served as great exercise and a good calorie burning experience.

This evening, we traveled to Kiawah Island to visit Billy's aunt Rose and her husband Charlie. We spent the first hour visiting at their home. They then gave us an brief tour of the island and treated us to a fabulous dinner at the Ocean Course Kiawah Country Club. Billy and I thoroughly enjoyed our meals - he had swordfish and I had grouper (with a scrumptious tomato risotto). We then shared a chocolate molten cake with peanut butter ice cream which was a real treat (again, it's a good thing we walked this afternoon). We also enjoyed getting to know both Rose and Charlie better; they were an absolute delight. Dinner was great, the island was simply gorgeous and the company was wonderful. It was a delightful evening; we greatly appreciate their hospitality!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope I didn't bother you too much this morning! I'm so incredibly jealous that you are enjoying beautiful Charleston and surrounding areas! Kiawah is my favorite and I'm already counting the days until we are there this summer...121 to go! Enjoy your Babymoon and give me a call when you get a chance!

Julie George said...

sounds and looks like you guys are having a GREAT time.