Yesterday was Camden's two month appointment and it was as rough as we expected. The sweet little nurse made Billy hold his legs for the shots and asked me to talk to him. Let's just say Mommy was way to choked up to do any talking and poor Daddy was not only having to watch the whole thing but was having to participate. He and Camden definitely got the raw end of that deal. Camden spent the entire evening yesterday just whimpering; it was so unbelievably sad. He was obviously not feeling well and appeared to be simply exhausted from the experience.
The Doctor gave us a good report. Camden has grown three inches since he was born; he is now 25 inches long. He has gained exactly 4 pounds since his birth as well. He has gone from 9 lbs and 5 ozs to 13 lbs and 5 ozs. He is in the 95th percentile in height and the 90-95th percentile in weight. Developmentally he appears to be doing very well.
The Doctor then went on to talk with us a little about Camden's behavior. He described Camden as what they call a "busy baby" a.k.a. a difficult baby. He said these babies don't fall into a routine like many babies, the feed often, they are on the move all the time (even when lying down), etc. They are simply more demanding and slower to establish a peaceful and comfortable daily routine. While he wasn't telling us anything we didn't know at this point, it was nice to hear confirmation from someone else. We had a great conversation with him about what we can do to help Camden through his days, and how we can help him make progress. Thanks Doc!
On a side note - I dared to take Camden to Walmart yesterday. After the first horrible experience (posted earlier in the blog), going to Walmart with him takes some nerve on my part. Well, I'm pleased to say we did very well. I am also pleased to tell you I got both Camden and the groceries in the car before an absolute gully-washer hit us only seconds later. Clearly I had some angels watching over me and little Camden yesterday because Mommy didn't have an umbrella!
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
I can't believe he is 2 months old! Glad to know that he is growing! Did you give him some baby tylenol before he got his shots? Sometimes that helps. Still in Florida. I will call when i get home. Don't let Camden get any bigger before I see him again!!!
The first set of shots is so hard--I actually cried more, and longer, than Adie. Now it is harder because Adie recognizes the "shot lady" and attempts to run away! Looks like we might both end up with tall kids--Adie has been in the 90th percentile for height since birth. They'll probably both be taller than their parents!!! Hang in there--Adie is also a very, very, active kid which continues to make a routine difficult BUT she is so responsive to us and her environment that it is a ton of fun. Each day is more rewarding......
MaMa doesn't think he is 'difficult' at all - he is a wonderful baby .....we really loved seeing him and you last weekend. Don't know about you but I was worn out after all of the showers and birthday bashes last weekend.
HUGS - Mom
Post a Comment