Well the Dr. says Camden has colic. Honestly, we weren't convinced until last night and now we're thinking Doc might be on to something. Colic is known to last three hours in the evening and last night - it did just that. It started at 7 and stopped abruptly at 10. Needless to say, we are a little concerned about this evening but so be it . . . he is still as precious as ever!
We've recently learned the hard way that colicy babies have spells where they are simply inconsolable with discomfort. Last week, I naively decided to brave Walmart with my little guy (not knowing about these little spells). I started my shopping in the dairy section at which time he promptly started to have a melt down. I pushed through (thinking I would be able to quiet him) only to find myself in the frozen foods section with an inconsolable baby, surrounded by lots of sweet little women who wanted to see my newborn, with spit up running down my back and a buggy full of groceries that was too heavy for me to push because I had a screaming baby in one arm. Lets' just say, I did what I've never wanted to do. I flagged down a Walmart employee, handed over my full buggy and left Walmart - both of us in tears. What can I say? I have been officially initiated into the world of motherhood. Honestly, I sometimes want to have a meltdown in Walmart myself so I guess I can't blame the little guy! That said - Billy went back to Walmart and shopped late that night. Finally - we had some food in the house again!
Each day Camden and I do lots of activities - walk time, story time, singing time, bath time, nap
time (of course) and tummy time. Thus, I thought you might all enjoy seeing a picture of tummy time in the Martin household. It is a family affair - although I think Marbles and Derby enjoy it more than Camden. Nonetheless he is doing a great job holding up his head. He is amazingly strong!
In the last month, Camden has gone from 9 lbs and 5 ozs to 10 lbs and 14 ozs and grown from 22 to 23 inches in length. He is nearly out of his newborn clothes and sporting his 0-3 clothes at this point. It is amazing how quickly
they change! He went on his first picnic yesterday. We packed a little lunch and picked up daddy at work for a quick mid-day picnic at the park. The weather, the park, the company . . . everything was so beautiful; I have no doubt we will always look back on that first picnic in the park with very fond memories.





2 comments:
Ok, i just looked at the top of your blog at the little baby time line. It says Camden is 1 month, 2 days old! How can that be? It seems like just yesterday he was born. Oh my goodness! When I get back from Akron I promise to stop by for lunch. Sorry for neglecting you and Camden!
I just had to let you know that I can relate to leaving Wal-mart in tears with two screaming children. We had just moved to a rental house in NC, Jay had to work and I needed some items for the house so off to Wal-Mart with four children in tow. To make the story short Brandon turned the shopping cart over with Corey in it. I didn't get the items I needed and left with myself, Corey and Brandon crying and Trisha and Travis thinking here we go again!
Post a Comment