Monday, July 7, 2008

July 4th weekend

For the first time in a couple of years, I had to sit out our traditional July 4th 10K run in Lexington. However, Billy ran and Camden and I cheered him on from the sidelines. Camden is a bit to small to ride in the races just yet, but his dad has big plans for next year's 10K. This year, Billy ran the race in 46 minutes beating his goal of 48 minutes. Go Billy!

We also enjoyed having Grandma Martin in town for a visit this weekend. She spent a great deal of time caring for Camden and freed Billy and I to do some of that housework that never seems to get done. Likewise, we went on a quick date just the two of us Sunday afternoon. Nothing like a speedy trip to Outback! Thanks Debbie for all your help this weekend!

Camden made his first appearance at the Library today. We got to visit with a few of my wonderful co-workers, but are going to have to make another trip soon. Lots of folks were still out enjoying a long weekend (not to mention Camden doesn't last long on our outings). Hopefully, we can get back to the Library very soon!

As you may remember, I mentioned the "C" word in an earlier post. The Dr. had asked me to abstain from dairy for a while to see if it made a difference. Studies have shown that elimination of dairy makes a difference in about 40% of babies. Well, while it has has been incredibly hard to eliminate dairy, we have seen a significant difference in Camden. He is much more peaceful and easier to deal with in the evenings. As such, we will continue the non-dairy route for a while until we've determined his digestive tract is strong enough for some cow's milk. Let's just say icecream will be the first thing on my "to-eat" list at the end of this journey.

That's all for now - I'm off to try and shower while he is sleeping. The race is on . . .

3 comments:

Cindy J said...

I am so bummed that I missed you all yesterday. I cannot believe all that hair Camden has. Every pic I see...seems like there is more every time. :) He is just precious. And, you are looking GREAT, by the way!!
See you soon, Cindy

MommaLou said...

what a beautiful picture ---- looks like he has grown a ton.....

Tell him MaMa love him and give him a big hug!!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go Billy! Congrats on your race time. Hope you all are doing well. Taylor can't wait to see Camden again!