Tuesday, July 29, 2008

What a Weekend!




Camden is now 8 weeks old and as wonderful as ever!

This weekend, he made another debut with some friends in WV. We traveled (at 6 a.m. in the morning no less) on Thursday to WV - just the two of us. He did a great job! That day we visited friends at the Library where I worked for a number of years before moving to KY and enjoyed dinner with my parents, sister-in-law and niece. My niece and I had a great time cooking up goodies in the play kitchen. Friday Camden and I spent the morning with my dear friend Mary (thanks for the wonderful banana bread and great company Mary) and the afternoon with my dear sister Kelly and my sweet little niece. Again, my niece and I played in the kitchen. It is amazing what you can whip up with play food!

I co-hosted a baby shower for my beautiful sister-in-law, Heather, on Saturday, (a first for Camden) and he and I attended my birthday celebration that evening which was a fabulous pool party with friends and family. Sunday, we celebrated Von's 16th birthday with a yummy oven fried chicken dinner, and Monday we made the 6 a.m. trip back to KY.

What a trooper Camden has been! By the way - he LOVES the pool! I've never seen him so relaxed. Billy and I are going to bring out the kiddie pool this weekend and have some fun with him since he loved it so much.

Billy stayed in KY for his Lasik eye surgery this weekend and managed to enjoy the peace and quiet with a few good movies and golf. He continues to be a great father despite the fact that he often comes home to a fussy baby. Camden tends to get fussy every evening at 7 p.m. Needless to say we don't do much in the evening other than tend to our little guy.

Camden goes to his eight week appointment this week. Mommy is not looking forward to that one. Nothing like watching your little Sweetie get his first set of shots. Nonetheless, I'm anxious to hear the doctor's report on Camden's growth and development.

We are going to try and pay a visit to the Library on Thursday (assuming the shot thing goes okay) and are visiting the local little lambs sale on Friday. This weekend is my birthday weekend so I suspect the three of us will do something fun. Billy says Camden got me a great gift! He is a talented (and smart) young boy . . . already shopping for Mommy's birthday!

We hope all of you are doing well and we continue to enjoy hearing from you whether through the blog, emails, cards, calls, etc. It is wonderful to have such great friends and family. We wish you a wonderful day!

1 comment:

Julie George said...

TPG looked at these pictures and said "He is so cute I think I am going to cry" How funny. He really thinks Camden's pool float is cool too. Hope to see you soon.