Wow! It has been too long since I've had a chance to write. Let me just provide quick updates. Camden is doing great. We have officially established a night time routine that gets him down about 8:30-8:45. While it is still imperfect, it is a step in the right direction.
We have had many great opportunities to visit with family from WV, SC and FL over the last week. Together, we've enjoyed photo opps, good meals, sight seeing, laughing, reminiscing and most of all playing with Camden. He has been a gem and is having better and more peaceful days all the time.
He smiles more frequently every day. Unfortunately, every time Daddy pulls out the colossal camera and points it at him, he assumes his furrowed brow and the smiles are no more. We keep trying to capture one of his magical smiles, but it continues to allude us. Perhaps we will have a smiley pic for the next post.
Camden will be 8 weeks this Friday. He is currently about 13 pounds and has moved into many of his 3-6 month clothes. He is growing like a weed. While we look forward to watching him grow, there is a certain sentimental sadness that comes with his growth from a newborn to a baby.
Billy and I are well and in love with our little guy. I am loving being a mother more than I ever anticipated. Perhaps it has allowed me to get back to things I once loved - children and teaching. In (what seems to be) a former life, I was a children's librarian, an elementary librarian and a teacher. I loved working with children's literature and with the children. In the hussle and bustle of life, I've lost touch with these passions, but have now rediscovered them in time with my own son. Daily, we read together and do activities that will stimulate him in some way. While I know he is a little to young for teaching, I am thoroughly enjoying stimulating him with song, stories and activities. What a blessing these last 8 weeks have been. The hardest and best work I've ever done in my life.





No comments:
Post a Comment