Thursday, October 23, 2008

Growing Right Before Our Eyes

When we enrolled Camden in daycare, I expected he would bring home some less than desirable germs and illnesses at some point. What I didn't expect is for me to be the first person to pick up an illness at his daycare. You heard me right. I'm sick and I got it at daycare. Go figure! The good news - Camden is doing just fine so far. His primary caregivers were both out yesterday and after talking with them on the phone today, there is no doubt about the fact that I picked up this yucky virus from them.

That said - I have done a lot of laying beside Camden and watching him play (versus playing with him) this morning. I'm amazed at what I've seen as he has changed so much in the last couple of weeks. He is reaching for and grabbing all kinds of toys. He is grabbing his toes and putting them in his mouth. He is making all kinds of new noises and sounds. He is looking toward the sounds of his Daddy coming through the back door before his Daddy even gets into sight. He is watching the dogs chase each other all over the back yard. He is maturing and growing right before our very eyes.

Also, we have really made some nighttime progress. Camden is only waking up three to four times a night. He is going back down after his feedings and/or wakings with no problem. He finally seems comfortable at night. He isn't straining, kicking and tugging with belly issues. He is peaceful and restful. Perhaps we have finally found the right combination of breast milk, soy formula, acid reflux medicine and a comfy bed for our little guy. Of course, this could change and I fear my saying anything might jinx us, but I feel we may have really turned a corner. You can imagine how excited we must be to finally see our little guy happy, peaceful, comfortable and just plain ol' content. What a blessing!

So, I'm off to try and get some sleep since I didn't get any last night. Camden will be home from daycare shortly and I'll be back on duty. As always, thanks for visiting and stay well!

1 comment:

MommaLou said...

Love love love the slide show....Camden is sooooo cute in the hat.....and he does look like his Daddy.

You are so faithful to keep this blog up and let us see Camden but it has it's downfalls too....makes me miss him.

See you as soon as possible but for Thanksgiving for sure........hugss