It is day 2 and we are all surviving despite our many swapped roles. I am now working and Billy is at home 1/2 days with Camden. Billy drops him off at daycare around 12:30ish and I pick him up in the afternoons. Billy has done a great job taking care of our little guy and our little guy seems to be doing well with Daddy. Camden also seems to be responding positively to the caregivers at daycare. Miss Marsha and Miss Debbie are very caring, nurturing and calm ladies who clearly want the babies to be happy and well. I know he is in good hands (even though they aren't Mommy's hands).
The hardest part of this daycare venture is leaving my little guy every morning. I just want to stay with him and continue the wonderful and precious routine we had established this summer. However, once I am at work, I am focused, productive and efficient all in an effort to occupy my mind, do my job well and get back to my little guy as soon as possible.
Camden is napping better during the day now, but his nights seem to be getting worse by the night. We have him on acid reflux medicine to see if it makes a difference, but honestly, we aren't convinced that is the problem. He wakes up seemingly very uncomfortable like he used to when he was just a tiny infant. Let's just say, we could really use some sleep in the Martin household, and we very much want our little guy to rest peacefully.
Finally, Billy and I received a very pleasant surprise yesterday when our doorbell rang and we opened the door to find our dear neighbors Jenna, Addie and Braden. Three wonderful children (under the ages of 11) delivering homemade pumpkin and chocolate chip muffins to us in a sweet little trick or treat plastic bag. They wished us happy fall while their mother said she knew it had been a rough day for us and thought we could use a little treat. Well, not only were the muffins absolutely delicious, but the kind thoughts and the kind gestures of this family were truly a blessing. It wasn't an easy day (that's for sure), but what a gift to be on the receiving end of those sweet smiles, sweet muffins and sweet wishes! Our thanks to this dear and thoughtful family!
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment