Well, Camden is a little over four months old and I have yet to post on the blog. Now that I am Mr. Mom I guess it is my duty to let everyone know how things are going. For those who may not know, I am staying home with Camden in the mornings for the month of October. We are trying to slowly integrate him into daycare.
I have enjoyed staying with him. While Kari was at home he was favoring her and not really interested in me. He still favors her, he knows where his bread is buttered, but now he has bonded with me a little more. He smiles, "talks", and follows me around the room when I am not holding him. He rolled over Wednesday. At first it was an accident but he rolled over a couple of more times so I had to call Kari. It is amazing how ridiculous parents can be when it comes to milestones. I am sure when he says "dada" the first time I will call CNN. I am sure they will want to know.
As Kari has mentioned in her earlier blog entries Camden is sleeping very poorly at night. He grunts, groans and passes gas all night (he takes after his mother) [Kari here - Don't believe everything you read on a blog :-)]. I feel so bad for him because he desperately wants to sleep but can't. We take him to the doctor once a week to make sure he is okay. They keep telling us his gastrointestinal tract is immature and it will pass. I can't wait for this to happen. Kari is a walking zombie and I am surprised the pediatrician has not blocked our phone number.
Overall, the experience has been rewarding. Camden is fine during the day and he has definitely warmed to me. I look forward to the coming weeks as we continue to bond. I will post again soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Billy you really should blog more. I really enjoyed your humor and I loved reading your perspective. I'm very proud of you. I don't know many men (maybe any) who were this involved with their infants. My hats off to ya! Keep up the good work, IT WILL PAY OFF!
Hey - looked down the blog this evening and discovered you'd blogged...
You have done an amazing job staying with Camden - and on our weekend in KY it was obvious that you have a deeper understanding of his moods etc. Camden will get the hang of sleeping!
Hope you and Camden have a great week this week.
I agree with Debbie you should blog more often.
HUGS - Carma
Post a Comment