Thursday, October 9, 2008

Celebrating 5 Wonderful Years!

Okay, so last weekend is old news I know, but I'm just now getting a split second to tell you about it. My wonderful mother and father traveled into town to camp at a nearby campground in their new "adventure van" (an older motor home). They not only came to the beautiful state of KY to camp, but also to watch their favorite (and only) grandson while Billy and I went out and celebrated our anniversary. What a treat it was! We went to Malones' in Lexington and sat and talked for no less than 2 hours. It was spectacular. We made a few other quick stops and returned to our little guy refreshed and thankful for a couple of hours just to focus on each other and the many blessings of the last five years, the greatest of which is our love for each other and our little Camden!

The rest of the weekend was full of fun and relaxing moments. I grew up camping, so being at a campground and sitting around a campfire brought back great memories. There is nothing better than the smell of a campfire on an autumn weekend. We walked around the campground, enjoyed the Halloween decorations, sat around the campfire and of course . . . we enjoyed SMORES. Yummy!

Camden was mesmerized by the fire. He watched it so peacefully. It effectively put him to sleep two nights in a row, so Daddy and I got to sit quietly by the fire and visit with mom and dad. Here's the kicker - it was such a great weekend, they are coming back this weekend. The campground is having an enormous car show this weekend to benefit the Ronald McDonald House in Lexington, so we are packing Camden in the Baby Bjorn and going out for a Saturday morning of fancy cars and motorcycles. No doubt all the guys will enjoy it. Mom and I will just enjoy being with family!

1 comment:

Cindy J said...

What a great pic of you guys!