We made some much needed success this weekend in our bottle pursuits with little Camden. My dear mother and sister (and two year old niece) traveled to KY this past weekend to help Camden with his acceptance of others, his acceptance of bottles and his acceptance of some formula. He is very attached to his mommy (after all we've spent four wonderful months together). He as you know has been rejecting bottles and because of a recent milk shortage, we've been forced to introduce formula which he did not like in the least. So with only a few days to go until my return to work, we called in back-up or shall I say back-up called us. My mother and sister called and said, "we are on our way." So the four of us adults hunkered down at the house this past weekend and did nothing but help our little guy adjust (and chase a two year old of course). Thankfully, it was a relatively successful weekend. Camden is now taking bottles from others (although still with some hesitance at times). He is more willing to be loved and nurtured by others (at least those who spend some significant time with him) and he is taking formula/breast milk mix bottles as necessary. We've made some progress!
Today, we took Camden to his 4 month checkup. Aside from the obvious trauma of the shots, the appointment went well. Doc says Camden looks great and is growing like a weed. His weight gain has slowed down a bit as he is now 16 lbs and 10 ozs. He gained 3.5 pounds in the last two months dropping him from the 95th percentile in weight to the 75th percentile. His length, however, was actually off the charts (literally). Doc said he is a whopping 27.5 inches long, 5.5 inches longer than he was at birth. That said, we think he is actually closer to 27 inches and that extra half was a little generous. Nonetheless, his length was off the charts and thus left us without a percentile to attach to it. So our little guy is thinning out and elongating a bit. Not such a "chunk" (as many have called him) anymore.
We also paid a final adjustment visit to the daycare (our last before his big debut without Mommy). I've done all I can to help him adjust to the caregivers and the infant room. Now, I just have to trust and believe. While it is incredibly hard to let him go to daycare, it is necessary at this point. As a family, we will try to make the most out of what is . . . On a side note, I parked MUCH further away from the entrance to the daycare this visit. My care looks bad enough as it is; I didn't want to risk another fender bender. That said - I've met with the insurance reps and am awaiting a check so I can get my car repaired. Ah - what fun.
Monday, September 29, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
So glad things are going better for Camden. I wish you the best as you start back to work. I'm sure it won't be easy but you will get through it and all will be fine. Take care, Love, Shirley
Can't wait to have you back at work. I know things will be ok. Hang in there.
Post a Comment