Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Bottle Bootcamp

Good Evening. Thought I would post a quick update before heading off to scrub today's pooptastrohpe clothes. Judging by the title of this post, you have probably already assumed things aren't going well with the bottle. You would be correct! We cannot get him to take one. We've read all the tips and tricks, and we've tried them all. Looks like we are heading to WV this weekend where we will have other folks who can help us. The literature says that babies often begin rejecting bottle at 3 months (which is where we are) and that they often won't even take a bottle from their daddy which his the case here. I'm sure our perseverance will pay off, but given I'm supposed to go back to work soon - this is very discouraging.

On top of it all, he has gone from waking a couple of times a night to waking every 2-3 hours (usually 4-5 times) every night. While I don't mind getting up with him, it certainly makes for one tired Mommy.

So today we visited the daycare again. All in all, it was a decent visit. Once I can get him to take a bottle again, I am going to do a few short trial run visits leaving him for a couple of hours. I truly dread doing this, but I know it is what's best for him. Let's hope he takes the bottle soon so we can do the trial runs.

Hope you enjoy the pics! We took them this week. The Bumbo seat picture is of Camden at dinner time. He sits in his little seat and eats with us which is great fun. The picture of him smiling at his daddy is after dinner the same night. Notice the change in clothes (I think you know what I'm getting at)! Finally, the picture of our little guy catching a few zzzzzzzs with daddy in the hammock struck us as funny. If you look closely at his shirt it says "Sleep is for the Weak" (thanks for the shirt Grandma Lyons). How ironic. On this particular night, he took his daily 15-20 minute 7 pm nap; thus we are slowly moving his bed time back because he is tired so early in the evening. That said, we put him down earlier this evening and I've already been in there to soothe him three times. Perhaps he went down too early.

That said - I've been staying up late every night working. With Camden's new wake up routine, I am left dragging the next day. So tonight, my bedtime is officially being moved up as well. No more late nights. This Mommy needs a little sleep. I'm off to do some laundry, some picking up around the house and some emails - then I shall try and catch some zzzzzzs myself. Good night to everyone!

No comments: