Yes - I should be in bed as it is midnight, but I've just now found a few minutes to share with you the latest scoop so here goes.
If you don't want TMI or (too much information), skip this paragraph. If you want the reality, read on . . .
I've been very committed to breastfeeding our little guy and have done so exclusively thus far. This past Saturday I was blessed with yet another of one of breast feedings finest challenges - a clogged duct. Long story short (for those who don't know), this requires endless hours of massage, hot compresses, nursing, etc. We have finally come out of the back end of this little situation today (three days later). However, because of the endless nursing (no bottles) to help rid of the duct, guess who is AGAIN refusing a bottle from anyone but me. Yes! Our little pride and joy. So, tomorrow we start again - Round II of Bottle Bootcamp. If you would see the meltdowns he has had on those trying to give him a bottle, your hearts would be broken. You obviously know my heart already is, but this too shall pass and surely he will take a bottle with ease in the near future . . . I hope.
So today, we pay a visit to the daycare center. All is going well (the bottle meltdown had not yet occurred) when the daycare director walks in and says, "Kari, I need to tell you something." My heart sank - I thought to myself - surely they can't kick us out already!? Well, they didn't kick us out, but she did tell me another mother had just backed her car into my car. It is important to point out here that the other mother wasn't driving a car; she was driving a Yukon. Have you seen my car? It is a tiny little old Accord. Well, you get the picture. The damage was done and a police report ensued. It was upon my return to the infant room that I discovered my Camden in an absolute meltdown. A number of caregivers dropped in to see what all the fuss was about (because Miss Marsha is known for her calm room). What can I say? My little guy always brings a little excitement with him wherever he goes.
So here we are with a very low supply of frozen milk, a boy who won't take a bottle, a car that is in need of repair and a mommy he is sorting through all the emotions of letting her first born go to daycare. While we are eternally thankful for a healthy baby, a good daycare, etc. we would be even more eternally thankful for something to go smoothly in the coming days!
I'm off to catch a few minutes of sleep. My little guy is due to wake up any time. Sweet dreams to all our dear readers. We appreciate each of you!
If you don't want TMI or (too much information), skip this paragraph. If you want the reality, read on . . .
I've been very committed to breastfeeding our little guy and have done so exclusively thus far. This past Saturday I was blessed with yet another of one of breast feedings finest challenges - a clogged duct. Long story short (for those who don't know), this requires endless hours of massage, hot compresses, nursing, etc. We have finally come out of the back end of this little situation today (three days later). However, because of the endless nursing (no bottles) to help rid of the duct, guess who is AGAIN refusing a bottle from anyone but me. Yes! Our little pride and joy. So, tomorrow we start again - Round II of Bottle Bootcamp. If you would see the meltdowns he has had on those trying to give him a bottle, your hearts would be broken. You obviously know my heart already is, but this too shall pass and surely he will take a bottle with ease in the near future . . . I hope.
So today, we pay a visit to the daycare center. All is going well (the bottle meltdown had not yet occurred) when the daycare director walks in and says, "Kari, I need to tell you something." My heart sank - I thought to myself - surely they can't kick us out already!? Well, they didn't kick us out, but she did tell me another mother had just backed her car into my car. It is important to point out here that the other mother wasn't driving a car; she was driving a Yukon. Have you seen my car? It is a tiny little old Accord. Well, you get the picture. The damage was done and a police report ensued. It was upon my return to the infant room that I discovered my Camden in an absolute meltdown. A number of caregivers dropped in to see what all the fuss was about (because Miss Marsha is known for her calm room). What can I say? My little guy always brings a little excitement with him wherever he goes.
So here we are with a very low supply of frozen milk, a boy who won't take a bottle, a car that is in need of repair and a mommy he is sorting through all the emotions of letting her first born go to daycare. While we are eternally thankful for a healthy baby, a good daycare, etc. we would be even more eternally thankful for something to go smoothly in the coming days!
I'm off to catch a few minutes of sleep. My little guy is due to wake up any time. Sweet dreams to all our dear readers. We appreciate each of you!





4 comments:
I think the Reagles need to bring you all some ice cream! Whew!
Sending you warmest thoughts--just go back through all of those sweet pictures of him during the nap times, the smiles, the snuggles. Remember those times. These crazy times shall pass. You are so richly blessed. And so many of us care about you. Take him out in the sunshine today and soak it in while you are still at home with him. Before you know it, he will be in school complaining because he can't get his hair to comb just the right way! LOL!
Ok, this is starting to get a bit ridiculous. If I did now know you I would think you were making this up. Seriously though, you know I am praying for you. I know that it will all work out. Thinking about you!
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. It will get easier...My favorite saying, "Faith doesn't make anything easier, but it does make all things possible." Love and Miss you all.
Post a Comment