Friday, May 16, 2008

37 Week Update

Hello friends and family! Hope this post finds you all doing very well! Billy and I are chugging right along and counting down the days at this point. We have so much we want to do and need to do that we are trying to utilized every minute we have for special projects and simply spending quality time together. That said - it never feels there are enough hours in the day.

We went to the doctor yesterday for a 37 week checkup only to find out he is in position and ready to go. She says I have made a great deal of progress and conditions are favorable for a delivery at any time. At one point she asked me if my bags were packed. I responded with,"They are about 50% of the way packed." To that she said, "You need to pack this evening." That said - I guess we could be weeks or we could be hours. Who knows!?

So - Billy is trying to wrap up a hardwood flooring project in the Dining Room and I'm trying to get the house cleaned up. Tomorrow we are going up to Lexington to pick up some last minute stuff for the baby and for our stay in the hospital. Hopefully by tomorrow evening we will be in a decently good place at home. That doesn't, however, put me in a good place at work. I just haven't quit got my projects to a good stopping point yet. Hopefully, a few more days in the office will enable me to make some headway and perhaps God will just help me not worry about the rest.

We look forward to meeting our son and anxiously await his arrival. We also enjoy and savor each moment we have just the two of us. We love each other dearly are busy appreciating what we have now. When our little guy arrives - we will appreciate the wonderful blessing God has placed in our lives and cherish each of those moments as well.

Thanks again to all of you for your support and love. It means so much to us both!

FYI - We are taking the computer to the hospital when the time comes so keep your eyes on the blog. We hope to update with photos not too long after his arrival!

2 comments:

Julie George said...

I know that you guys are nervous because you think that life as you know it is over. But, trust me, the true adventure is just beginning. If you think you have got it good now, just you wait. The amazing part is just getting ready to start. I promise! I can't wait to meet this mystery guy. Hang in there and let me know if you need anything. Well, except for whole wheat krispy kreme. :)

Julie George said...

oh, by the way, DCG still says Tarzan.