Monday, March 2, 2009

9 Months and Growing

You've probably noticed the posts are coming a little less frequently these days. Perhaps it is because Camden is keeping us on our toes. He is officially on the move. He crawls here and there, cruises around furniture, rolls anywhere he can't crawl to and pushes his new walker around the house. He is becoming quite mobile which is exciting and scary.

Right now, he is recovering from the croup. He started getting sick last Wednesday and it has persisted into this week. Luckily he shares everything with us so now Billy and I are - fighting sickness ourselves. So be it - he is totally worth it!

We just got back from a visit with Mama and Papa Lyons in WV. It was a joy to see them and to celebrate the upcoming birth of Kelly's 2nd little girl. It was a wonderful blessing to have him finally get to spend some time with his extended family. It sure is hard living away from those who love him so much.
So can you believe he is already 9 months old? I can't. It seems impossible. What a wonderful, challenging, exhilarating and intense 9 months it has been. We are blessed to have a very loving, sweet, gentle and sensitive little boy who dearly loves his mommy and daddy. We are also blessed to have found an amazing in-home caregiver for our little guy. Her name is Dianne and she is wonderful! She comes to our house every morning at 7:30 and stays with Camden until I get home. She has him in a wonderful routine. She reads to him, plays with him, guides him and just truly cares for him. Not a day has gone by that Billy and I haven't thanked the Lord for the blessing of having someone so special take care of Camden. It has changed our lives in such wonderful ways!
Well, that is a quick update for now. I'm going to relax for a little while. Please stay in touch. We love hearing from friends and family!

3 comments:

Cindy J said...

Wow...he is growing so fast. And wow...those two front teeth! So precious...I want to just pinch those cheeks. You are truly blessed, Kari.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see you guys next weekend! The easter egg hunt is going to be so much fun!

Unknown said...

Kari,
Hard to believe he is 9 months old. Noah will be 4 this coming Sunday and has started pre-school. He loves it. Jessie is doing well in school and I am so proud of her. Would love to see you, Billy & Camden. Take care, Linda