Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Weekend

Good Saturday morning to all. Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm (relatively speaking of course)!

All is well in the wonderful state of KY. We are celebrating Camden's first Valentine's Day today or shall I say he is celebrating our first Valentine's Day together. Being the thoughtful little guy he is, he got his momma some chocolates and a very special Valentine's Day card. He also got his daddy a special little something, but he is holding to it until later today. Camden is actually going to spend some time with some dear friends of ours today so that Billy and I can go on a real date - dinner and a movie. We are so excited! We've not had one of those since Billy's birthday in November. It is much needed! I can't wait . . .

This has been an amazing week for Camden. He is changing at the speed of light. He began sitting himself up (which poses a problem in the middle of the night), pulling up on EVERYTHING and has even started cruising - all in one week. Billy and I are looking at each other going - "Uh Oh - time to baby proof." Thus, our project for the next couple of weeks - baby proof, baby proof and baby proof some more.

Camden is still not actively crawling on his hands and knees, but he has mastered the army crawl. He loves to army crawl over to the shelves in the family room and tear all the board books off the shelf one by one. When he is board with that, he just army crawls over to Derby's food and water bowls. As you can imagine, we will be relocating the food bowls ASAP. So, here we are, sitting on the brink of mobility. We find ourselves equally excited about and scared of this wonderful milestone! Okay - the little guy is crying . . . be right back . . .

Someone is fighting their sleep - again - imagine that! Anyway, this week was a little exciting as we had more of that extreme weather I'm growing to despise. 60 mph winds and tornado activity in our county. Billy was at work making all his employees and the students go to shelter while I was home with Camden, two dogs and the laptop with weather streaming video in the central bathroom of the house. Ultimately, everyone was fine, but nonetheless a little alarmed by yet more weather inflicted pain. Between our ice storm and this recent tornado warning - I find myself longing for sun, flowers and rainbows. Perhaps wishful thinking on my part, but one can dream - right!?

2 comments:

shirley said...

Happy Valentine's Day
Still love looking at the pictures and reading about Camden. He is growing up fast.

Julie George said...

I love your photos of Camden. Can I hire you for a photo shoot with my kids?