Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Right Person - Right Time

It is now 11:43 p.m. and I have a spare moment to write a quick update. Unfortunately, I don't have time to post a pic tonight, but hopefully I can do so later this week.

Have you ever just run into the right person at the right time in your life and thought to yourself - that was meant to be?! Well, that happened to me yesterday. I ran into a colleague on campus and introduced her to Camden. She proceeded to make all over him as she commented on how much he reminded her of her son when he was little (he is now 4). She then started to tell me about her son - things like he would only nap 20-30 minutes at a time, cried in a stroller because he was bored, cried in the car instead of sleeping, constantly wanted to look around and be engaged, very inquisitive and curious, etc. In minutes she described our little Camden to a tee.

I can't tell you what a blessing it was to run into her because she truly understood some of the challenges we are facing. I was thrilled to hear how well her little guy is doing and how wonderful he has turned out. Talking with her was both comforting and encouraging on so many levels.

Yesterday, I ran into the right person at the right time. So many wonderful mothers have been supportive throughout our journey with Camden, and I'm particularly grateful to have found another mother who seems to have walked this exact path before me. She was so encouraging!

I took Camden by the daycare for an afternoon visit today and well - he cried every time the lead teacher took him. It nearly broke my heart, thus I'm hoping our next visit goes a little more smoothly. I'll be praying about that one!

By the way - my dear sister-in-law is driving to the hospital as I'm typing this message for an induction slated to start at midnight tonight. I'll let you know when we have a new niece and in Camden's case - a little cousin. We are so excited too meet her!

1 comment:

shirley said...

Hey Kari, just wanted to let you know I love reading about Camden and looking at the pictures. It helps me to know him even though I am far away. As far as running into the right person at the right time, it is always good to know that someone else knows exactly how you feel. Love, Shirley