Everyone in the Martin household is doing well. Camden is now 11 weeks old and weighs 14 lbs and 10 ozs. He is growing quite rapidly. Currently he wears 3-6 month clothes which are designed for up to 16.5 lbs, thus I don't think he'll be wearing them much longer. Keeping a baby clothed isn't the easiest thing I've ever done, thus I'm always on the lookout for a good bargain!
This week, I studied Camden's day time sleep patterns very closely. Naps are not his strong suite so I thought perhaps a good "sleep study" might be helpful. According to the pros, he should be sleeping about 10 hours during the night and 5 hours during the day. Initially I thought it was impossible that he was sleeping 5 hours during the day, but to my pleasant surprise, he is. It seems he is sleeping less because he is napping off and on throughout the day in 20-30 minute increments. While this is apparently not uncommon, it does prove a challenge. By the time I run errands during one nap, shower during nap, walk during a nap (you get the idea), there is very little time left to get anything accomplished during the day. At least now I know why I can't get anything done around the house. Perhaps, in the future, he will lengthen his naps, but for now, we are an official cat napper.
Billy is off to NC with his staff and countless student employees for a weekend of training. Thus, Camden and I are going at it alone this weekend. We are already missing Billy very much, so we are busying ourselves with long walks, tummy time, songs and cat naps of course. Perhaps tomorrow, we will make it to church. Tuesday, Camden and I head to WV for the arrival of his new baby cousin. My brother and sister-in-law are expecting their second daughter (my third niece) on Tuesday, so he and I will travel to be with family next week. Since my little guy isn't particularly fond of car travel (and sleeping), we'll be leaving around 5 a.m. in the hopes he will catch a few zzzzzzz while I drive. Keep your fingers crossed!
Well, unfortunately there isn't really a lot of exciting news to share. I can tell you Billy and I are thoroughly enjoying Camden's many smiles and his beautiful bright eyes. He is just the most amazing blessing. I'm overwhelmed with joy and love for him. I love every minute I spend with him and consider myself incredibly blessed to be his mother!
Oh - one other little note. I've worked in Libraries 12 years now. Over the course of those 12 years, I've looked so forward to the day I could take my own child to the Library to enjoy stories and books. Well, guess who made their first trip to the local Public Library on Friday!? While he may not remember much about it, I'm hopeful he will enjoy hearing and seeing some of the story books I picked out just for him!
Best wishes to everyone for a wonderful day! We hope you are all doing well!
Saturday, August 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment